Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A bit of catching up

This summer has been quite busy and, by the time I can sit down at the computer, I'm usually too tired to add anything to the blog. But I'll try to catch up. Here are a few highlights from the past few weeks.

We went up to the Okanagan to visit with the Rowes and the Campbells. Many fun days were spent at the beach. Pictures can be seen here: http://tinyurl.com/6owz6g

James and I celebrated our 4th anniversary. We were able to leave the boys with Gramma and Grampa for the evening while we went for dinner and to see "Jesus Christ Superstar" at Theatre Under the Stars. Here we are, just as happy and in love as we were on our wedding day. :)


James really enjoyed his four weeks of parental leave. We had lots of fun as a family. He was also able to do some things around the house that really needed to get done - our front porch is painted, we have a gate on our back deck so Adam is all safe and sound. I don't think James was quite ready to return to work yesterday - I think he liked being home!

The boys have had a busy month, too. Here are some highlights about them:

Daniel:

Daniel's vocabulary has exploded. He talks in much longer sentences and says some of the funniest things. One of his favourites is strange me when he does something wrong or silly. However, he still is really hard to understand, so it comes out more like frange me.

He spent lots of time with friends over the past month. His friend Carson spent almost an entire weekend at our house while his mom was in the hospital. The boys thought it was the greatest thing ever that they got to see each other every day. Carson thinks everything Daniel does is hilarious and Daniel loves being the entertainer. Just wait until he's in school - he'll be such a class clown!

Daniel's really getting interested in sports, too. He loves to play baseball in the backyard and is learning to throw a frisbee. He loved going to watch Uncle Neil (or Nemo as he sometimes calls him) at the World Ultimate Championships. I guess we'll have to be signing Daniel up for t-ball or soccer soon!

Daniel's newest favourite thing is superheroes. His absolute favourite is Spider Man (or Pawa Man as he pronounces it.) He loves to walk around shooting webs from his hands and catching bad guys. James decided to turn him into Duck Man one night.




Adam:

Of course, Adam's biggest news was turning one! He's growing up so fast. He's finally figured out how to drink efficiently from the bottle and that formula has helped him pack on the pounds. On July 10, he was 16.5 pounds. By July 30, he was 19 pounds! His one year appointment is on August 19, so we'll see how chubby he is by then!

Adam has learned to clap and wave bye bye. It's so cute! We watched some of the Olympic opening ceremonies and Adam clapped and giggled every time he saw the fireworks. I don't have a picture of him clapping, but I have a really cute video. I'll have to get James to show me how to add it to this blog.

Adam's also learning how to feed himself. He's actually not bad with a spoon. But he prefers his hands and usually makes a big mess!


My apologies again for slacking off on the blog! I'll try to be better...at least until I go back to work on September 2!

No comments: