For his birthday, James wanted the kids to take him to the H.R. Macmillan Planetarium. So, on Sunday, we headed down to see what was happening there. James and I hadn't been to the planetarium since we were kids...and it looked pretty much the same as we remembered it! Not much has changed in the last 30 or so years. :) We first went into the theatre and saw "Harold" the star projector - the machine that shines all the constellations onto the planetarium ceiling. Unfortunately, the show was pretty boring and way above the boys' heads. About 30 minutes into the 40 minute show, Sarah started to cry. Within a minute, an employee was there with a flashlight, showing us the way to the exit! I guess we were disturbing the 15 other people in the theatre! We didn't mind missing the end of the show, though.
We then headed downstairs to the various space-related displays. The boys had fun trying out the interactive displays, enough if most of them didn't work! A highlight was the rocket presentation, where a "rocket scientist" taught the audience to make a bottle rocket. The boys (all three of them) thought it was super cool! Sarah wasn't impressed, though, so I had to take her out.
It was fun, but not really quite what we expected. I don't know if we'll be going back too soon - unless they update some of their displays!
Here are our little astronauts:
No comments:
Post a Comment