Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Beautiful sunny fall!

The weather continues to be beautiful. It's so sunny and not too cold, so we've been able to do lots of outdoor things. On Monday, I took the boys to Bear Creek Park in Surrey. What a wonderful park! We'll definitely be going back there again. We decided to go there because they have a Halloween ghost train - similar to the Stanley Park one, only much cheaper. The boys loved it! Adam pointed and grunted at everything that went by. And there was a lot - witches, ghosts, graveyards, skeletons, rats in cornfields, bats... Daniel was in his glories. He is so excited about Halloween this year. He loved every minute of that train ride - until it was time to get off!



After the train ride, Daniel did a Halloween craft and got a goody bag...and yet another pumpkin. We now have five! We had a little picnic lunch that I had packed. While we were eating, we were entertained by a little girl named Heather. She was about two and was tiring her grandma out. Heather kept running away and grandma would just yell after her and not move. Finally, after a few minutes, grandma ran to get the little girl but the doll stroller that she had then rolled the other way down a hill. Daniel, the gentleman, went to give the stroller back to them. Grandma said something like, "Chivalry isn't dead after all!" Daniel came back to me all proud and said, "That grandma says I save the day. I'm a superhero!" So cute!

Then we went to play on the playground. What a great playground! I think we spent over an hour playing there and Daniel still wasn't ready to go home. It was really neat watching him play with other kids. There were three of them playing firemen. They'd jump on a thing that looked like a truck, then Daniel would yell, "Fire! Over there!" and the three boys would run to some random spot and start pretend-spraying it. It was getting late and Adam was ready for a nap, but I didn't have the heart to take Daniel away from his new friends. Plus, I was really enjoying watching them play.

No comments: