Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A quick update

It's been way too long since I've been able to update the blog. Sorry, sorry, sorry! Here are a few cute stories and exciting pieces of news about the boys.

Both boys (and James) have been really sick since Thanksgiving. They've had a really bad cold, sinus headaches, sore throats, the boys have had eye infections. We took Adam to the doctor today and he has a pretty bad ear infection and needs to take antibiotics. He's such a trooper, though. He hasn't been too grouchy and still smiles a lot. Daniel is finally on the mend. But we had a few days of a really mellow Daniel. He spent lots of time on the couch watching TV and telling us he had a stuffy-nose and boogers (or, in Daniel-ese, tuffy-nose and burgers).

Some stuff about Daniel:










Daniel is going to dress up as a dinosaur for Halloween and he's so excited. He loves his costume and he's constantly asking "it Halloween time yet?" We put up our Halloween decorations on Monday and he loves the lights and the bad guys.

His speech has improved so much these days. He's speaking in full sentences a lot more and people are able to understand him a bit better. It's amazing how he can cope when people don't understand him. He was telling me about a "tate" the other day and I told him I couldn't understand him. So he said, "s-s-s-s-s" to explain to me that he was talking about a snake. What a problem solver he is!

Adam was crying the other day when Daniel came up to say hi to him. Daniel's response: "Don't cry, Amam. I'm not a dinosaur. I'm Daniel!"

He's also really looking forward to his birthday (birtsda, as he calls it). He really understands the concept of birthdays these days and is looking forward to a party with friends...and presents, of course!

Some of Daniel's favourites these days are super heroes (especially Spiderman), anything Halloween (especially mummies and skeletons - aka tawtins)

Some stuff about Adam:




He's almost a walker! He can take at least 6 steps at a time, but doesn't do it too often. He's still really cautious. But, when he thinks that no one is looking, he can walk across the room! He'll get the confidence soon enough.

Adam has quite the little personality coming out. He's a sneaky, mischevious little guy! He'll start doing something he's not supposed to, look back at us, give us a little grin, and then do the thing he knows he shouldn't! We'll have to look out for him as he gets older!

He can climb up and down stairs now. If you leave Adam alone for a few seconds, he goes straight for the stairs and climbs all the way to the top in about a minute! He likes to climb onto chairs and toys and stand proudly on top!

Since we've all had colds the past few weeks, Adam has seen lots of nose blowing around the house. So now, he likes to hold his nose and blow, just like Mommy and Daddy! It's so cute!

Some of Adam's favourites these days are cars, climbing stairs, turning off the TV while Daniel's watching it, playing in Daniel's potty, basically just getting into Daniel's stuff!

************************************************************************************
I really would like to try to update this more often. I'll do my best. But we're pretty busy in the next few weeks. James and I are getting ready for our cruise to the Mediterranean! Then we'll come back just in time to get ready for Daniel's birthday. Then, of course, it's time to get ready for Christmas! But I'll get some new pictures and stories up here when I can.

1 comment:

James said...

Adam has a lot more funny pictures than Daniel. Daniel, you better rectify that! :)

Dad