On Sunday, we met up with our friend, Miles, and his girlfriend, Heather, for a bike ride around Steveston in Richmond. Yes, at 5 months pregnant, I got on my bike! I was a little nervous that I wouldn't be able to reach the handlebars, but I did alright. It helped that we were just going along the dike path in Richmond - no hills and the ride lasted less than an hour. We made lots of stops. We watched people fly kites and ride in these cool wheeled contraptions with kites attached to them. The kites actually pulled the people around really quickly! We had fish and chips (of course) and watched the boys play in the new spray park. The boys were pretty good in the bike trailer - no fighting until about 12:30, when they were hungry and tired. I think Miles and Heather were a little surprised to see how little riding we were able to do and they continued to ride long after we packed it in and drove home!
Sunday, May 31, 2009
A Beautiful Sunny Weekend
The warm weather continues! We had a very busy but fun weekend. On Saturday, we went up to Squamish to see where Aunty Laura and Jason now live. I can't remember the last time I was up in Squamish (Brackendale, actually) - it was beautiful! The road, however, isn't quite as beautiful! :) There's still quite a bit of work to do along that way before everyone starts driving up there for the Olympics. But, besides being stuck behind a really nervous driver for half the way, it wasn't too bad.

First we went to Laura's new house (Jason's old house) and had a very yummy barbecue lunch. Then we wandered around and down to the river where, at the right time of year, you can see the famous eagles of Brackendale. No eagle sightings for us, but we had a really nice walk. My sweet little boys picked flowers for my hair. Grampa took Daniel right down to the river to throw rocks in. Daddy and Adam didn't make it quite as far, but still had fun on the rocks. It was nice just to be out in the warm sun and having a stroll with everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment