Saturday, September 12, 2009

For Grandma Rowe...

At the beginning of the summer, I signed the boys up to take part in the Summer Reading Club offered by most public libraries in BC. They had to read every day for 7 weeks. Daniel and Adam definitely love to read and to be read to so we had no problem completing their reading sheets. Today was the day they received their medals for completing the program. It was a beautiful day and the ceremony was held out in the park outside the Metrotown library so there were about 150,000 people there! But the boys got their medals, which they thought were pretty cool and couldn't keep their eyes off of, as you can see since I didn't get great pictures of them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so very proud that Adam and Daniel received their medals for completing Summer Reading Club! Well done everyone! Readers ARE Leaders, as this year's theme suggests, and I know that both of you will continue to lead the way, with reading and books as a part of your everyday lives.

Ándrea said...

What a great program! They look so cute wearing their medals.