Monday, September 21, 2009

A little update

I haven't been too good at keeping up with the blog these days. Things have been a little crazy around our house. Last week, both the boys came down with the coxsackie virus (hand, foot and mouth disease). Poor little guys! Adam had some pretty bad blisters on his hands and feet but his mouth was OK. Daniel got it much worse in his mouth, though. He had so many painful blisters in his mouth that he didn't eat, drink or talk for two whole days! You've never seen anything so sad! Our house was eerily quiet, too. Finally, on day three, Daniel was able to say a bit (with a funny lisp) and eat a bit. Now they're back to their normal, fun selves, thank goodness! As much as I appreciated the quiet, it's so much better to have my happy, smiling boys back.



We're still waiting for baby #3 to make his/her appearance. I was a little afraid the big day might happen last week, while the boys were sick and my parents were out of town. But, luckily, baby has decided to stay put for a while longer. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, so we'll see how things go then.



We're back into our fall routine, now that summer holidays is over. I've started taking the boys back to StrongStart, our drop-in, parent participation preschool program. They love it. Daniel's right into it now, participating in all the stories and songs that the teachers do. Adam is starting to learn as well and it's so cute to see him try to do actions to songs and things. The weather is still beautiful most days, though, so we're still spending a lot of time outside at the park having picnics, too.



I just have to take a moment to brag about my boys a bit. Adam is starting to talk a bit more, although he tends to stick to his few favourite words. Most conversations consist of:
  • Mommy
  • Daddy
  • Deh Deh (Daniel)
  • me (which is me and please)
  • nana (thank you)
  • woo woo (train)
  • wee-oo wee-oo (fire truck)
  • wee (playground, slide)
  • oh-guy (OK)
  • googie (cookie, cracker, any yummy food)
  • apo (apple juice)
  • nummin (lemon - as in lemonade, lemon muffin, now means any kind of muffin)
  • animal sounds - moo (cow/horse), wah (duck), baa (sheep, goat), panting with tongue out (dog)

He's started to make two-word sentences, but usually one of the words is no! Most of often than not, it's "No Deh Deh!" when Daniel does something he doesn't like. :) One of my favourites is when he runs up to you with a big smile on his face and says, "Hah-low googie!" I don't know if that's his pet name for us or if he's just always got cookies on the brain! He's also kind of saying his own name - not on his own but he will repeat it. The funny thing is that he calls himself Amam! It was a sad day when Daniel outgrew Amam and started calling him Adam. But the cute name continues with Adam himself!

When he wasn't feeling well, Daniel was more willing to do crafts and school work with me. I got to be teacher for a little bit! Boy did he surprise me! We learned a little bit about apples (to prepare him for the apple squish at Thanksgiving) and here's the cute little apple he coloured. He even drew the face himself.

And then I asked him to print his name for me. I was shocked! We've never tried this before. I told him the letters but he printed them all himself!


And, just because it's cute and doesn't happen too often, a picture of both boys looking at the camera (kind of...).

No comments: