He's still working on potty training. He's a stubborn little guy! He will never go if someone asks him to - it has to be his idea. Today I asked him if he'd use the potty and he said, "No, later, on Friday." Bribes of chocolate and toys aren't working; peer pressure from his brother isn't working. He's just not going to do it until it's his own idea. I'd be lying if I said it's not a bit frustrating!
Adam is developing a funny sense of humour - he understands sarcasm and many of the things he says are followed with "me jokin'."
He's still quite fond of the princesses. He's always commenting on how pretty they are. I took the boys to buy new sunglasses the other day. Daniel picked some alien-type ones and Adam chose blue Barbie princess ones, complete with rhinestones on the arms. He was so proud of those sunglasses. Daniel found him some Cinderella ones, since Cinderella is Adam's favourite. But Adam said, "No, Findawewwa sunglasses pink. Pink for girls. Me like blue." So princesses are fine, as long as they're blue! Unfortunately, his love of princesses wasn't quite strong enough. At the last minute, he found some red Lightning McQueen ones and went with those instead!
He really likes colouring these days and will sit for at least half an hour at a time colouring in his colouring book. Supposedly, he's the most precise colourer out of all the other little boys at daycare. He's also quite proud of his artwork, showing it off and stating "me good colourer, right Mommy?" While he was working the other day, he started drawing on the newspaper meant to be protecting the carpet. There I saw one of his first people drawings. Pretty good, if you ask me!
Adam had a bit of a scare yesterday. He and Daniel were playing with a Spiderman that you pull back and it rolls across the ground. Spiderman rolled right under the fridge. Daniel tried to get it but his arm wouldn't reach. Adam, wanting to show up his big brother, managed to grab the Spiderman. As he was bragging to Daniel, he realized that his arm was stuck! I tried to get him out but he was really stuck and was starting to panic. I was afraid that something was pinning his arm down so I started to panic a little, too. Luckily, I knew our neighbours were working out in their front yard so I sent Daniel out to get them to help. It took both of them plus me to lift our fridge and free poor Adam. There wasn't a mark on his arm, though. I guess he was hanging onto Spiderman and therefore flexing his bicep. If I had thought to get him to let go, I probably would have gotten him free just fine. Luckily, there was no harm done. And I don't think Adam will be reaching under the fridge anytime soon!
Adam's our mischievous one. He's always climbing, hiding, does a great sulk when he's upset. But he's also our fun-loving, goofy little guy who's growing up way too fast!
1 comment:
Keep up the good coloring, Adam, and I like your cool drawings too. I want to hear more of your funny "jokes", Auntie Lauren used to be a big joker too but she sometimes had to explain, "I just be joking...) I KNOW that pretty soon you'll decide to be a frequent potty user and we'll all shout Hurrah!
You were sure lucky to get your arm out from under the fridge without a scratch - don't ever scare Mommy like that again!
Post a Comment