Saturday, May 10, 2008
Gotta work on that potty training!
We went to Metrotown today to do a bit of shopping and pick up some new diapers for Daniel. He was wearing the last disposable diaper we had in the house. After having some dinner (and a lot of apple juice), I was pushing him in the stroller when he says, "No me vy!" Neither James nor I could figure out what vy meant, but Daniel kept repeating it. Finally, he pointed to his behind and said, again, "No me vy!" Ooooohhhh...he meant "I'm not dry!" I looked at his jeans and, lo and behold, he was absolutely soaked! Poor kid drank way too much juice. So I took him to the washroom to change him and James ran into the closest store (Old Navy) to buy him some pants. Poor Daniel had to walk through the mall in his diaper to meet Daddy. I told him Daddy was buying him new pants and Daniel said, "Me happy pants! No plippy pants!" :) I love how the opposite of plippy (dirty/yucky) is happy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hope "no me vy" is a phrase you won't hear very much longer or else apple jupse will be have to permanently removed from the menu, ha,ha. Leah, remember my best tip for potty training -BRIBERY - works for at least a half hour at a time. Seriously tho, Daniel is doing very well to alert you to his situation, lots of kids would just sit there and let you discover it all for yourself.
Post a Comment