Sunday, July 6, 2008

Another busy weekend

There have been lots of celebrations going on around here this weekend. On Saturday, Daniel and I went to the birthday party of his daycare friend, Jamie. James and Adam stayed home. We think (being the doctors that we are...) that Adam has roseola. Roseola is a blotchy rash that is accompanied by a fever. It's not itchy and doesn't harm the baby at all, but it makes them really cranky and feverish. Daniel had it at 9 months, so we recognized the signs in Adam. There really isn't much we can do about it, just give him Tylenol and cuddles. But Jamie has a brand new baby brother and we didn't want to expose him to the roseola, so James and Adam stayed home. Daniel had a lot of fun at the party, even though it was held outside and it rained a bit. I never realized what a peace-loving little guy he is, though. The other boys were pretending to shoot each other with sticks and, when they'd try to shoot Daniel, I could hear him yelling, "No thank you!" The whole way home, he told me how he didn't like it when the boys shot at him. He kept calling them bad mans.

Saturday evening, for the first time in months, I went out by myself! I went downtown to celebrate my friend, Elaine's, birthday, while James and the boys stayed home. I think they had lots of fun without me. Daddy always plays with toys that Mommy forgets we have, like puppets. And I was able to have a glass of wine and dress up and go downtown, which I never do!

Sunday morning we went to the grand opening of our little neighbourhood park. The park was finished last November, but wasn't officially opened until today. Daniel ran the entire time and had very rosy cheeks by the end of two hours. He played with a parachute, jumped on the trampoline and spent lots of time on the teeter totter. He wasn't a big fan of tag, though. He really doesn't like people chasing him - to Daniel, they're bad mans, too. Adam, of course, wanted to join in with the big kids. He did get a chance to play with the parachute, though.

No comments: