Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

All the best to everyone in 2009! We've had such a wonderful year and I'm sure that 2009 will bring us even more happiness and adventure. We wish the same to you as well.

We didn't exactly ring in 2009 with much excitement. The four of us watched the classic Winnie the Pooh movie (which both boys loved).

Then Daniel and Adam went to bed. Daniel had the hardest time falling asleep. He'd lay there for the longest time, fighting to keep his eyes open, and then would force himself out of bed with various excuses. "I'm tared [scared]." "I'm grumpy" (when I caught him coming out of his room). "I want hot chotowit in bed." "You not cut my nails, Mommy." The excuses were getting stranger and stranger, and he was getting more and more out of it! Finally, he gave in and fell asleep.

James and I stayed up and watched the third Harry Potter movie (we're a little behind) and didn't even realize when it hit midnight until we heard Daniel say, "Whatcha watchin'?" For some reason, he woke up at 12:00 on the dot. I guess he knew something was going on! After asking for hot chocolate again, he fell back asleep. I don't think he ever was really awake. James and I talked to my sister and parents on the phone, wished them a happy new year, finished our movie and went to sleep. We sure know how to ring in the new year!

1 comment:

Corinne Cunningham said...

Happy New Year :)

Your night sounds a lot like ours - Paige woke up at about 12:02 to join in our celebration (which was, at that point, Lucas sleeping on the couch and me playing online!)