Daniel:
- He has so many new and funny words these days. One day, he came up to me and said, "Mommy, I have a mission for you." I asked what my mission was and he answered, "Amam have a poopy diaper!" with a sly smile. Sneaky little guy! He's also coming up with some pretty good words these days, like ferocious.
- He's starting to play on his own more and it's so fun to listen to him talk with himself. He take two toys (lately it's been two dinosaurs) and have a whole conversation with them. It's usually about how one is the mommy and one is the baby (or brother - drudder, in Daniel-ese) and how the baby needs the mommy to help him.
- Speaking of brothers, Daniel often reminds us that Adam is his best buddy. It's so cute when he comes up, "hugs" Adam (more like a choke hold) and says, "Amam my best buddy!"
- Daniel is starting to sing songs. He does a pretty good version of "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" and the ABC song. He sang a bit of "The Wheels on the Bus" today and I think I even caught a bit of "Baby Beluga."
- He just started floor hockey lessons on Saturday. He was a little nervous at first but it didn't take long for him to get comfortable. He's a natural - he held the stick perfectly the first time and followed all the drills and games. I'm really afraid that we're going to have a hockey player on our hands. I do not want to go to 6am practices!
Adam:
- Adam doesn't say any actual words yet, but he is a great communicator. He can totally get his point across these days. If he hurts himself, he comes up, points to the injury, points to the thing (or person - Daniel) that hurt him and holds his owie up to be kissed. It's so cute! He does some great sign language to tattle on his brother!
- He understands absolutely everything now. If you ask him to give something to Daddy, he walks right over to James and delivers it. He can even retrieve something from off of the kitchen table and bring it to the sink.
- That latest skill means that he's a great helper these days. He loves to set the table, load the dishwasher and put toys away. I love it!
- Adam loves animals. He loves to read any book about animals and he gets all excited when he sees them on TV. He loved going to the petting zoo - we'll have to take him back again soon. He's starting to make animal noises. Mostly he just does a dog sound, which doesn't really sound like a dog. But he's starting to do lion/tiger/dinosaur sounds as well.
One of the greatest things is how well Daniel and Adam are playing together these days. I love that they can sit and play dinosaurs or cars together. Sometimes they'll just play side-by-side, but occasionally they do interact and it's the best sound to hear them laughing together. I'm really looking forward to when they play together even more. Right now, it doesn't last for too long and usually ends up with one or the other grabbing his brother's toy!
No comments:
Post a Comment