It's hard to believe that Sarah was born 6 weeks ago and James has been home since then. Today was his first day back to the real world - he went back to work and the kids and I were on our own. It sounds like they missed James at work - no easing into things there! And the kids and I had a great day. Everything went surprisingly smoothly.
We headed out to the school to go to StrongStart. The boys had a lot of fun there today. They were so happy to see their friend and neighbour, Fina, there today. Adam and Fina played in the bin of flour for about half an hour.

Daniel spent a lot of time playing with the Lego. He made himself and Adam out of Lego!

Sarah loved StrongStart - she slept the whole time! (Yes, she's wearing her brothers' old jacket. Her pink ones were all in the laundry!)

After StrongStart, we headed to the mall to have some lunch and find some poppies for the boys. I had made sandwiches, which we ate in the food court. Daniel told me that my lunches were much better than mall food! Then, a woman came up to tell me that I had very well-behaved children and that I was raising them very well. What a nice compliment!
The afternoon went well, too. Adam napped (Daniel and Sarah didn't). The boys played Lego quite nicely together.
They helped me out while I was making dinner. Sarah was really hungry, so they each took turns giving her her bottle.

It was a really nice day and a good beginning to our week. Let's hope the rest of the week goes just as smoothly!
1 comment:
Happy to hear your first "single parenting" day went smoothly! I agree with the mall lady that you are a GREAT mom and you do have WONDERFUL children :) Daniel looks like a proud big bro feeding Sarah and she appears very satisfied with his method. Tell Daniel I think his lego boys look just like him and Adam.
Post a Comment