Friday, June 27, 2008

It's finally summer!

The weather was beautiful today and we certainly took advantage of it. We started the day by meeting up with my friends, Aster and Daisy. Daniel and Adam had fun playing with their friends Tyler and Katrina and I finally got to meet Aster's new baby, Katelyn, who was very cute but very sleepy!

Then we went down to White Rock to my parents' trailer for lunch. Uncle David, Aunty Joan and Alyssah were there as well. We had a nice afternoon roasting hot dogs and making smores as well as walking along the beach and playing in the sand. Adam found himself a couple of older girlfriends who took quite a liking to him and we discovered that Daniel thinks that seaweed is plippy.

(Our best attempt at a shot of the two of them. It's not an easy thing to do these days!)

James actually got home early today after a week of early mornings and late nights, so we were able to head up to the community centre for the monthly Family Fusion dinner. We met up with a few of our neighbours, had some pizza and then watched the kids play tag. Daniel wore himself out! And Adam discovered a love of dirt. He managed to get a few mouthfuls in there and didn't start to cry until I tried to clean him up!

It was a very fun, sunny day but I think all that fresh air tired us out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new photos, Leah. Looks like a great day at the beach. Daniel sure looks "old" sitting beside Adam, I guess he's losing his chubby babyface now that he has dry pants!

Tell Adam that I said its OK to eat worms, but not dirt...