Sunday, June 29, 2008

Hot, hot, hot!

It is so hot here! While I am loving the hot weather, I don't think my boys are! So, to beat the heat, most of the day was spent in the water.

This morning, we walked up to the spray park. Daniel had a great time running through the water and Adam loved sitting in the puddles. I was actually surprised; the water was really cold and I didn't think Adam would like it. I think we'll be spending many hours up at the spray park this summer.

On the walk home, Adam fell asleep in my arms. I guess the fresh air and water tired him out! It tired Daniel out, too. He managed to eat some of his lunch. Then, he looked at me and said, "Me wipe" because his face was covered with beans. As soon as the words were out of his mouth, his head fell backwards and he was fast asleep!

While the boys napped, I went out to get some groceries. I guess my mind was elsewhere because, after loading the car with the groceries, I locked my keys in the car! Luckily, it's only a 15 minute walk home. I had mentioned to James that I was looking forward to grocery shopping because I haven't left the house by myself in over a month. I wasn't planning on a long walk by myself, too! It was a little warm, but I did appreciate the peace and quiet!

After the boys woke up from their naps, Daniel's buddy Carson and his parents, Chris and Terryl, came over to swim in Daniel's pool. (Well, Carson swam, not his parents!) The boys had a great time pouring buckets of water over each other's heads and squirting each other. Adam really enjoyed his baby pool, although sometimes he would look over longingly at the older boys, wishing he could join in!

And just a cute one of Adam trying out an apple juice popsicle:

No comments: