Friday, February 19, 2010

Olympic Adventures - Granville Island

The kids and I decided to take the new Canada Line Skytrain to Granville Island on Wednesday. We had to get off at the Olympic Village station and then take a new streetcar to Granville Island. Both the Skytrain and streetcar were packed! I had Sarah in the stroller, Adam sitting on top but poor Daniel was standing and got pretty squished. But it was better than trying to park at Granville Island and the boys enjoyed being on the trains, as usual.

The pavilions at Granville Island were the Francophone House, Atlantic Canada House and Swiss House. We were in and out of Francophone House pretty quickly. We wandered over to Atlantic Canada House but couldn't get in because we had to go up stairs and that just wasn't possible with Sarah sleeping in the stroller. So we went to sit in the beautiful sunshine to eat our lunch. The boys had fun watching a busker juggle fire!

Finally, Sarah woke up so we headed over to Atlantic Canada House. The boys really enjoyed it. There was a guy singing some Maritimes songs with his guitar and they sat for the longest time, tapping their toes to the music. Someone even asked me if he could take their picture, they looked so cute.

They also got their picture taken on a little set that looked like the inside of Anne of Green Gables' house. It was taken by a photographer there, who is supposed to email it to me, but I haven't received anything yet. But I did manage to get some good blackmail pictures of them in an Anne wig! They'd make pretty cute girls!


We went to Swiss House afterwards but the lineup was 45 minutes long and, about 5 minutes into it, we discovered that there were no displays in there, only food. So we left - I don't think my picky eaters would like Swiss food!

Back to the street car and Skytrain to pick up our car. And lucky me ended up with three kids falling asleep in the car. All in all, a successful day!

1 comment:

Corinne Cunningham said...

I'm so envious that the Olympics are right in your back yard! :) How cool!