Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Olympic Adventures - Surrey Celebration Site

This weekend, James joined us on our Olympic adventures. We decided to go out to Surrey to see what was happening at their celebration site. It was so much fun! It's the first place we've been to that's been family-oriented so there was lots for the kids to do. One of the first things we saw was an ice-less curling rink. There were real rocks but they had wheels on the bottom. The boys thought it was pretty cool but thse rocks were heavy!


There were lots of games and activities set up for the kids.


There was even a snow-less toboggan hill. I think it was white astroturf sprayed with soapy water but it felt just like sledding down a hill! It's not too ften you can go sledding wearing just a sweatshirt and pants!


After lunch and watching a pretty funny juggler (who juggled with fire - the boys were very impressed), we lined up to see the RCMP Musical Ride. We had to line up about an hour beforehand, so I took the boys around for a while while James and Sarah held our spot in line.
The Musical Ride was very good. I think Adam, being our animal lover, liked it the best. He never took his eyes off the horses. Daniel was pretty tired, which meant he was getting a bit hyper and silly. But, overall, it was a great show.

Surrey did a great job with this celebration. I think it's been my favourite venue so far. It had so much for the kids to do. There was a time when other, more exciting places may have been my favourite. But now, I definitely like the family-oriented ones. :)

No comments: