July 12, 2010
While Gramma was on a girls' shopping trip down in Seattle, the kids and I headed out to White Rock with Grampa. We had great plans to go down to the beach and play in the sand and water and have a barbecue lunch. But the weather didn't quite cooperate with us. It didn't rain but it was pretty chilly - certainly not beach weather. That didn't stop us, though. Dressed in our sweats, we went to do some digging.
Of course, one of the highlights of the morning was the train coming by!
Sarah wasn't too keen on the wind. The poor little girl gets really blotchy red eyes in the wind (she's going to hate that when she's older!). So I headed back to the trailer with her and Grampa stayed down with the boys. They didn't last much longer than us, though!
We got out barbecue in (but ate in the warmth of the trailer) and then Grampa and the boys went for a walk to the US/Canada border. (Sarah and I came up later in the van.) We checked out the duty free shop (which is beautiful, surprisingly enough) and the Canada tourism office (which is also beautiful). They've done a nice job at the Peace Arch border crossing.
So, although the summer weather decided to take a break on us, we still had a really nice day. And all three kids fell asleep on the way home, so I got a very appreciated afternoon break!
No comments:
Post a Comment