Monday, July 19, 2010

Six years!

July 17, 2010

Yup, James and I have been married for six years!  It's hard to believe that, six years ago, we were at the beautiful London Farm, saying our vows and then partying it up in the very hot, un-air conditioned Heritage Hall.  In our vows, I promised to help James raise good, kind and fun children.  I think we're doing a pretty good job at that!  (I also vowed to always laugh at his jokes - a vow I regret to this day!  I kid, James, I kid!)  But, since we do have these three good, kind and fun children, it's pretty hard to get much of an anniversary celebration in.  Instead, we had a really nice day bike riding as a family of five.  We got on our bikes, trail-a-bike and bike trailer and rode off...all the way up to Tim Horton's for lunch!  We took it to go and sat along the Fraser River, watching trains, Skytrains and boats go by.  It was so nice, I took the opportunity to snap a few pictures.

Daniel and James, cloud watching.


Big brother Adam sharing his lunch with his little sister.  Yes, it's a peanut butter bagel.  I know babies aren't supposed to have peanut butter before age 2 but Sarah got hold of a peanut butter sandwich crust long before this.  This little girl is better than a puppy dog at cleaning up under her brothers' seats after lunch!


Two handsome boys.



And some really good shots of the three of them!  This is quite the feat!



Of course, we had to get a picture of ourselves on our anniversary.  And a great one it is - sweaty, helmet hair, a bit of sunburn, taken by a very skilled 4 year old photographer!


And James is looking pretty good in his "Fun Guy" shirt I got him for our anniversary last year!  We definitely know how to celebrate!

We did watch our wedding video after the kids went to bed.  (The boys saw a little bit of it.  At one point, on the video, I saw that we were being taped and I looked straight into the camera and waved.  Daniel said, "Look Mommy, you're waving at us!"  I thought that was pretty cute.  Yup, I didn't know anything about Daniel, Adam and Sarah and the time, but I was waving to them!)  It was really fun reminiscing.  That was a really fun day!  We certainly knew how to throw a good party!  :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on six years of wedded bliss! The happiness you share and the wonderful family you've created are tributes to your dedication to each other. We are very proud to be related to such a loving couple!

Ándrea said...

Happy Anniversary! Those pictures of the 3 of them are so adorable! Sarah looks just like Daniel and Adam.