There was a funny case of mistaken identity. When we arrived, a man came up to me and said, "Danielle has been calling and calling to you. How are you?" I looked at Danielle, had no idea who she was and I didn't recognize him either. Then a woman who looked like she was Danielle's mom waved at me. I felt so bad because I had no idea who these people were. I smiled and said how are you and took off my sunglasses, hoping they'd realize they didn't know me! About an hour, the mom came up and put her hands on my shoulders and said, "I've been calling to you and you haven't come over. How are you?" I finally admitted that I couldn't place where I knew her from. She finally realized that she had mistaken me for someone else but that I looked just like this other person. I felt kind of bad - if I were her, I would have been so embarrassed. Daniel made it all better, though. He went right up to the woman and asked if she would like some of our popcorn! He certainly knows how to put people at ease. :)
Of course, it's the Salmon Festival, so you have to try the famous barbecued salmon. James went to line up as soon as the barbecue opened and was in line for 30 minutes. He says it was good but not as amazing as he expected. But the boys really liked the huge fire where all the salmon was being cooked.
It was really crowded and the boys were starting to get tired, so we left right after we ate lunch. Adam didn't even make it back to the van before he passed out!
2 comments:
Love the pics. The boys are too cute!
What a bunch of happy Canadians! I'm glad the boys enjoyed the long parade and got lots of loot! The photos make an excellent birthday gift for dear old grandma, thankyou very much.
Post a Comment