Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hiking in Lynn Canyon

On Sunday we had a rare day when James didn't have to work! Yay! So we headed over to North Van and did some "hiking" in Lynn Canyon. You can't do much hiking with two little boys but they did really well! We even had people commenting on what a big walk it was for two little guys.


Daniel and Adam loved being out in the forest. LOVED IT! Their eyes were as big as saucers and they wanted to check everything out. Adam started the hike by collecting as many rocks as he possibly could. I had to discretely drop them along the path when he didn't notice!


The first thing we did was cross the suspension bridge. The boys loved it but I was probably more nervous than I ever have been. I've never crossed it holding onto my little kids' hands before. Just me going across doesn't faze me, but having them there was a different story. But they were good and held hands the whole time and posed for lots of pictures.

We decided to take the less-travelled path to Twin Falls instead of following the crowds to the Rice Lake. Even still, we had many, many people pass us because we weren't moving too quickly! But that was OK - we weren't in any hurry. They found some big stumps (or lumps, as Daniel called them!) and had fun climbing them and playing hide and seek in them.

Lots of walking and playing and discovering...and lots of stairs, too!



At one point, Adam just stopped all together and sat down, as if to say, "That's it! I'm not moving a step more. You're just gonna have to carry me!" He got a few shoulder rides from James after that (especially when we started going up the stairs).



(Notice how Adam is holding onto James' ears and putting his fingers right in his ears! Cute, but not too comfy for James!)


This trip definitely proved the boys are outdoorsy people. We'll have to do this more often. It's an outing both James and I did often with our families growing up and it'll be fun to continue it with our kids. We'll have to check out the falls next time - I'm sure the boys will be in awe!

1 comment:

Ándrea said...

The pictures are too cute. I love the one of Adam putting his hands in his daddy's ears-how funny.